Ivan Allen Jr. Prize for Social Courage honoring Charlayne Hunter-Gault and the late Dr. Hamilton E. Holmes
Wednesday, February 5, 2020
The Biltmore Ballrooms
817 West Peachtree Street, Atlanta, Georgia 30308
Courageous Journeys and Continuing Conversations
This event is open for Georgia Tech faculty, staff, students, and community members.
Moderator: Alexis Scott
- Dr. Jim Bootle, son of Judge Bootle
- Valerie Boyd, Charlayne Hunter-Gault Distinguished Writer in Residence, Associate Professor, University of Georgia
- The Honorable Steve CarMichael Jones, United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Michelle Garfield Cook, Vice Provost for Diversity and Inclusion and Strategic University Initiatives, Chief Diversity Officer, University of Georgia
- Tom Johnson, journalist and former CNN president
- Dr. Arthur Yancey, Professor Emeritus, Emory University School of Medicine
Ivan Allen Jr. Prize for Social Courage Luncheon
The Georgian Ballroom
This event is by invitation only for Georgia Tech faculty, staff, and community members.
If interested in attending the luncheon, contact Serena Wallace.
Student Town Hall
Student Center Theater
Dr. Archie Ervin, Vice President for Institute Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, will moderate this open discussion with Charlayne Hunter-Gault and the Holmes family.
This event is limited to Georgia Tech students. RSVP is requested.